Welcome to Beijing. After a 13 hour flight, we arrived around 7 pm on Sunday night.
1) Read the picture on the door before choosing a restroom stall. My first bathroom experience involved a trough built into the floor. Picture a urinal, only instead of being installed on the wall, it was installed on the floor. If I come across another one, I will take a picture.
2) Only take the yellow taxis (too little, too late, Abbey). Shelley and I ended up in a gypsy cab driven by a very nice man who did not sell us into white slavery but who did charge us an arm and a leg to deliver us to our hotel.
3) Sunday night may be a public dancing/singing night in Beijing. We took a walk up the street and encountered multiple groups of people line dancing, ballroom dancing, and breakdancing, as well as singing karaoke in the street (OK, it was a public park area, but still - full on karaoke with speakers and a monitor ON THE STREET CORNER).
That's all for now. It's been a long day and I'm ready for bed. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment